Precast Concrete Stormwater Management Systems
For more information call 1-703-212-4830 or
StormGarden is a high flow rate bio-filtration tree-box filter system, utilizing a consistent blend of well graded sands and organic material. It functions well as a decentralized, distributed stormwater treatment control, within a wide range of urbanized settings. It can easily be integrated with volume designs and treatment train configurations. Let us help you design your next project.
Each StormGarden consists of a precast concrete box filled with our independently tested high-flow bio-filter media and underdrain pipe, covered with a removable precast concrete top slab with a tree or shrub that extends through a tree grate cast into the top slab. There is also a “boxless” design for use in non structural applications.
Why is StormGarden different from other tree box filters? StormGarden has a unique filter panel that serves two purposes. First it allows treated water to infiltrate into the surrounding soils to recharge the groundwater supply and reduce the stormwater runoff volume. Second, the filter panel allows the structure to completely drain between storm events which eliminates the possibility of an anaerobic condition occurring within the filter media. Typically with other systems the invert of the underdrain pipe sits at least 2" above the finish floor, due to the pipe elbow, causing water to pond at the bottom of the filter thus causing an anaerobic condition which promotes harmful bacterial growth.
• Hi-flow media results in reduced filter areas and small footprint
• Unique filter panel reduces runoff volume and promotes groundwater recharge
• Improved drain-down design prevents bacteria growth and Nitrogen release
• StormGarden is delivered to the job site completely outfitted making installation quick and easy
• 1st year maintenance is free with each unit
Expected Pollutant Removal:
• Total Suspended Solids (TSS) > 91%
• Total Phosphorous > 60%
• Total Copper > 60%
• Dissolved Copper > 36%
• Total Zinc > 79%
• Dissolved Zinc > 64%
• Oil & Grease > 34%
*Based on 3rd party field studies.
• External or Internal Bypass
• Side or End Inlet
• Multi-chamber Systems w/ Pre-treatment Chamber
• Roof Drain Systems
• Outlet/Junction Chamber
• Boxless Filters
*Multi-chamber StormGarden filter with a pre-treatment chamber.